Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Belvedere Theater
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2008, 08:11 AM
acdc69
Cruiser

I can't remember how long this place has been in existence, and I know they have said how long, but I know I've visited this place for what seems like forever. I remember when it was packed; of course those days are long gone.

I'm saddened that the neighbors don't like this place. I'm even more saddened that the new media chose 'senior citizens' who have lived in this area for 50 years, as the poster children to speak out about this place. It is even more sad that the media and the neighbors have chosen this time to come down on this place after the owner lost her own son who was attempting to protect her from the gun of a thief. However, this is the real problem, not the theater.

If these people have truly lived in this neighborhood as long as they have, they know the area has changed for the worse, not because of the theater but because of the crime in the area. The theater doesn't bring the crime into the area, heck, when I've visited, I've seen tags on nice cars from all over the Atlanta area and surprisingly few from DeKalb. The criminal element isn't inside the building, they are outside, living in the area, preying on those who wish to contribute to their own community.

Those who visit the theater aren't the criminals they are being made out to be. This news story will do one of two things. We all now know the place is back open but we also know that vice has said they will frequent the place again. Funny thing is, if you go inside, you accept the fact that you may be propositioned; it comes with the territory. If you don't like the advance, say so and you will be left alone. Is it a public place? Heck, if I were the lady, I would charge a daily 'membership' fee of $12.00 and require everyone to be a member, making it a private place, then vice couldn't touch the place and arrest people for public indecency.

This community needs to concern itself with more pressing issues and leave those alone who are trying to make a go at it.
Quote |