Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Oral hygiene.
Thread: Oral hygiene.
View Single Post
Old 6th January 2009, 01:57 AM
Nalong
Cruiser

Rather long (and inconclusive) discussion here ... mainly to do with HIV transmission but also mentions other STDs.

LINK: Risk of HIV Infection Through Receptive Oral Sex

Quote:

I want to come back to that because what's getting out to the public really has very little to do with anything that's published or anything that's known or anything that's been empirically shown. I have had counselors tell people to remove precum and semen from their mouth after oral sex by spitting, by gargling, by washing their mouth out with peroxide, with Listerine, with sucking lemons, with hot tea and with popsicles! I have heard counselors tell people--and we ask them all the time--it's a wonderful exercise that we do: "What is it that you tell people?" --"Don't floss or brush half an hour before or half an hour after, two hours before or two hours after, four hours before or four hours after." And I'm talking to counselors all over the country and sometimes the world. And it's only in this country, the U.S., that people worry about oral sex.

Quote:
Periodontal disease is hypothesized, oral health practices including mouthwashes and oral histories; some case reports report recent gum or oral surgery. Concurrent sexually transmitted infection, although I will also add that concurrent with our examination of oral sex and orally acquired HIV, concurrent oral STD testing has been going on in thousands of people at the AIDS Health Project, and we have identified cases of oral gonorrhea and other STDs, but not one had HIV. Other oropharyngeal infections--we also include this--and medications which affect the oropharyngeal mucosa or the production of saliva, anything that's anticholinergic may be a cofactor. Drug use, the route of administration--snorting, swallowing drugs.
Quote |