Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Oral hygiene.
Thread: Oral hygiene.
View Single Post
Old 6th January 2009, 11:34 PM
sextile
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmpp View Post
On the front page of the Outlook section of the Bangkok Post today - lots of dental advice.

-- For those of you who may not have access to the BKK. Post here is the relevant part of correspondent Ms. Arusa Pisuthipan' article,verbatim et literatim, and quoting a Dr. Rasmee Jindarojanakul, a dentist:

Myth: Mouthwash should be used every day for good oral hygiene.
Wrong. The use of mouthwash does not reduce the need for brushing and flossing. Neither is it considered an appropriate substitute for oral care. 'If you clean your teeth and tongue thoroughly, mouthwash is not necessary,' Dr. Rasmee remarks. 'In your body there is both good and bad bacteria. The good beneficial bacteria, called normal florae, live inside many organs in your body, including but not limited to the intestines, nose and oral cavity. Normal florae function like soldiers that help your body against diseases. If you use mouthwash too frequently, it will kill these soldiers. And when your body becomes weak, you will be easily exposed to, and affected by, diseases.'.
Dr. Rasmee is of the opinion that mothwash is to be used only occasionally, such as when the body's immune system becomes fragile, at which time mouthwash will help to kill unfriendly bacteria that are going to wreck havoc on your physical health and fitness.

-- Quite who this Dr. Rasmee is, where she practices and any other pertinent info. were not provided.

-- On one of my bottles of L*st*r*n* I read - 'Mothwash with antiseptic agent.' and 'Clinically proven.'.
- On a bottle of M*b*c*n I read - 'Mouthwash with antiseptic agent.' and 'Reduces germs that cause bad breath & plaque Total protecton for healthy teeth and gums.'
- The above possibly selling points that need to be believed cum grano salis?

-- E&OE.. -- Usual disclaimers as I am not a medicially trained person. -- Bibi.. --
Quote |