Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Advisory.
Thread: Advisory.
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2009, 08:20 AM
icon513

Lots of factors at play.

First, most of the farang pedos are done in not because of the Thai police, but because of the foreign police units and NGO's that are specifically out there looking for them in places like you-know-where.

Second, cases of Thai diddling aren't usually considered newsworthy as far as the English-language press is concerned -- though there are sometimes reported when it involves a teacher or other person in authority or with a high profile. I can recall five or six cases from the past couple years.

Third, Thai pedophiles are much, much smarter and more discrete than their foreign counterparts. They would not be seen dead anywhere near a bar full of kids in their underwear, (much less take one out of one), and generally blend into the scenery much better.

As for the Thai police, I really don't think they care one way or another until someone complains -- like a foreign police unit, NGO, or the kid's parents. Or, until they are looking to make a buck (and in which case a farang is obviously a good target).

As for plain old cruisers, I think it's pretty unbelievable that police would care enough to monitor a foreign language website. They don't need us to tell them where cruising occurs. Some of the places we talk about (like the theaters and the parks) have been cruising places for decades and decades. Others (like the department stores) are no secret, either. The shop owners know what's going on, the guard and cleaning companies know what's going on, and the mall owners know what's going on.

Believe me, there are no secrets that a bunch of farangs are going to tell the Thai police on a web board.
Quote |