Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bar reports - BKK
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2009, 04:39 AM
scoops
Cruiser

Not sure that I would totally agree with these points:

- The owner is there every night, that's true.
- The owner has a day job which is fairly responsible, within what is a very very Thai organization where structure is paramount. (I have had 'work connection' with him before. And I'm being very careful to not disclose anything more as a respect to his job confidentiality.)
- This rubs off in the way Tawan is managed. In other words there is a 'pecking order' and the vast majority of staff would not approach the owner directly. In Thai culture / Thai working situations, the 'staff/village folk' don't directly approach the pooyai, Tawan is no different. In fact 99% of the working boys / captains / waiters know no other system.
- I would agree that this place operates basically the same as other gay bars in terms of the roles of captains / waiters etc.
- I would suggest that the captains/waiters would be receiving their 'cut' the same as in any other gay bar.
- I am aware that one or two of the captains take care of recruitment (interview the candidates who approach).

Is the owner 'mr nice guy? No comment!
Quote |