Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - HEADS UP: 8 Busted in Gambrill State Park Sting
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2009, 05:02 PM
Grumpybear
Cruiser

I previously read the news article on the China Stand-Up to Authority, and was impressed by it. You raised interesting points in your previous response, and even provided a reasonable means of getting some action.

Yet, I still stand by my assertion that there will be no wide-spread change in public attitude (outside of the gay community) regarding gay public sex. I don't dispute your assertions that there is a double standard, and this is just one more injustice against the gay community.

What I dispute is that, in the US, there are enough people willing to stand up as you do to protest this in order to effect change. They will march in mass where they can blend in with the crowd, or tell friends "I was just there to support a gay friend." Don't count on them to come out of the bushes in public.
Quote |