Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - HEADS UP: 8 Busted in Gambrill State Park Sting
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2009, 09:43 PM
Grumpybear
Cruiser

I'm stuck in the middle

I don't totally disagree with Keith, but realize what should be and what is are two different matters. It's not just Law Enforcement either. If a man and woman were cuddling and kissing in the Food Court of the Mall, the most likely reaction from passing people would be a smile (awww, ain't that sweet) or a snicker (get a room). Try the same setting with two guys kissing, and the reaction would be entirely different. People would register a look of disgust on their face, and even complain to the Mall office to send security to "clean up the Food Court".

Even people who publicly admit "some of my best friends are gay" are uncomfortable when presented with actual gay sexual expression. If you and your significant other were spending an overnight at a straight friend's house, expect different treatment. If it is a heterosexual couple, the friend probably wouldn't mind and might even give you the high sign for success (maybe just the male host). Try that with two guys wanting to sleep together on an overnight, and there will be an uncomfortable resistance even if not voiced.

We can continue to work toward equal respect for gays to go with equal rights, but it is a tougher battle to win. My point is that cruisers must realize this and the risks involved.

It would be great to be the test case for equal treatment under the law for gay cruising vs straight cruising, but I'm too much of a chicken to be the one at my age. I also suspect that the cops would claim they enforce the law equally when the truth is they only try to curtail heterosexual prostitution.
Quote |