Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How far can/will undercovers go?
View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:05 AM
Grumpybear
Cruiser

My understanding

I'm not a lawyer, so you can't bank on this. It is my understanding that unless specifically authorized as part of an undercover operation, a law enforcement agent can not engage in any criminal or illegal activity unless necessary to protect his life or the lives of others. For example, an undercover drug agent might engage in the sale, or even use, of illegal narcotics to establish his alias and protect his identity.

Lawyers have made millions arguing that some of this illegal, but "necessary", activity is entrapment. Some cases win, some lose.

Generally in the case of cruising, it is unlikely that the officer is going to expose himself or actually masturbate as this would most likely be considered entrapment, IN MY OPINION. However, he might do these things, and you both get "arrested" by his partners. You get told "your buddy" is going to cut a deal for his freedom by testifying against you. In desperation, you agree to the charges for a reduced sentence or agree to a lesser charge. You are still screwed. Or the undercover might do these things and then testify in court he didn't. Your "degenerate" word against his "law abiding" stature. You're still screwed.

Approach any new contact with caution. Talk a little first to feel him out. An undercover agent does not have time to "waste" talking. He needs to close the deal, get you arrested, and set back up for the next target. You can't be convicted, YET, in this country for talking as long as there is no mention of money.
Quote |