Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - TBT spa in san bernardino
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2010, 12:24 PM
ScrotumSacBoy
Cruiser

Exclamation allow me to explain...

In response:

Sorry I can't help but feel I've somehow put you on the defensive here. Allow me if I may to clarify a few things. --
Lets also keep in mind the context in which I was writing, which was giving a first-timer who had never been a bathhouse before, any bathhouse, a head's up & a reality based assessment of the situation at hand.
In addition, please be aware that I am on TBT's side, that I appreciate what they're trying to do there, & I want more than anything for it to survive & prosper.

-----

That being said;
* I suppose it is true that TBT would be a good place to unwind or relax, because it's usually a ghost town & you could as you said, be nude or in a towel & catch up on reading your book, ...but in reality who goes to a bathhouse/spa for that? If he wants just to be naked & chill out, he should spend his 45$ on a room at motel 6 & have at it.
* I never suggested LA's bathhouses because they were "nice". I suggested them because that is, like it or not, where the establishments exist & where they are on par & operate like any other bathhouse in any large North American city; that any modern bathhouse/spa goer would recognize & know what to expect. AND are full to capacity 24-7.
* My focus isn't on decor, it shouldn't be in the first place. The decor should not even be an issue, however TBT made it one I'm afraid. By selecting furniture, wall adornments, & the like that scream to be noticed for all the wrong reasons. They stand out like a sore thumb, & present a paradox where one might think that they're in granny's den or a rec-room at a junior college, instead of a spa or men's club.
* You're absolutely right about the friendly staff, I couldn't agree more. -- Also, yes the rooms are larger, & YES they do have sinks! This IS true & a bonus, I'll give ya that. AND ...furthermore, you are spot on about the parking too. I am in complete agreement that it sure beats a drive to LA on most occasions, & has many things going for it.
* I disagree though about the smelly sofa though. Now I never said the whole place smells! Quite on the contrary! It does not smell at all, & appears quite clean on most instances. I was referring to the TV room, or lounge, or whatever they call that main room, to the over stuffed floral-printed sofa ONLY & it's array of big 'ol pillows in particular.
* I'm glad you agree about the gym equipment, but this is not paramount to 'make or break' anyone's visit. I just noted because through a guest's eyes, it raises questions, looks odd, & makes you go "huh?" -- I didn't know about the licensing requirements at all, so since you explained that to me, it makes more sense.
* Finally, yes he will draw his own conclusions & is an adult. Strictly in my opinion, a person who has NEVER been to any bathhouse/spa before, I just didn't feel TBT was the right fit for a newbie & to get the "full experience" & he should try a more 'mainstream' place; that's all. (perhaps he'll love it, & I'm totally wrong!) Yes there's plenty of variety in the LA one's & I hope my sidelines about what goes on at each was reflective of the truth, & general consensus.
Please note again, that I'm not knocking or slamming TBT. They could do SO much more w/ the place & really exercise & maximize their strengths which believe it or not, are abundant. I look forward to presenting my suggestions soon when I submit a full TBT report soon on this site.

----------

All my best, peace to all you cruisers & bath-goers!
Maybe that guy will visit both LA & TBT & report back his findings!!
Quote |