Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Depression and Getting Older
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:13 AM
PeterVeliki
Cruiser

It's a little off-topic, but sometimes a view into another culture can show you something about your own. I have a very light complexion, and when I was stationed in the Middle East, even though for part of the time I wasn't in the greatest shape - lots of enforced sitting time at work, no opportunity for exercise, sometimes for months - my light skin was a huge turnon to some local guys. Some 18-year-old Adonis who in the US wouldn't have looked at me in my 30s, or even in my 20s, would be all over me, wanting to suck, to get fucked, to touch... for the few months that the situation lasted, it was like paradise. I'm happy to be back in better shape, but I did like the unexpected stretch of attention. Also, there's an easygoing all-male culture to the Turkish bath culture that's very sexy. Radical Islam is rooting it out, which has happened a number of times in Islamic history, but guys who like cock always bring it back eventually, as do some of the radicals who discover that they like cock. There is medieval Islamic boy-love poetry that would be considered obscene in any state of the US, yet it is a part of their classical culture over there, even if it's currently out of vogue. Years ago, there was an active bathhouse culture all over the Arab world and in Israel; the Israeli scene has moved over to American or European -style "gay saunas" where it's all about the young and beautiful. The old Turkish bath scene was one of the few places where people of all different cultures met and had direct contact. It was as if the political differences disappeared with the clothing when everyone walked around naked, young soldiers, young students, middle-aged guys, and old men. And some would have sex, crossing lines that our culture doesn't countenance crossing.
Quote |