Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - GoGo Bars
Thread: GoGo Bars
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2010, 06:48 PM
Xfun
Cruiser

FROM STILLTHROBBING

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon513
1,000 baht was considered good for short time in 1990. Definitely not in 2010.

Maybe not in 2010, but definitely not as long ago as 1990. Bht 1,000 was customary less than 10 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon513
I'm not sure what "the baht's buying power overseas" has to do with it. Oh, yeah...nothing.

I said the baht's value "internationally," which means "against other currencies." Which means that imported goods in Thailand aren't getting much more expensive, because the baht isn't shrinking in international value. The cost of imported goods is part of the Thai cost of living.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inflation is currently 3.6% according to bank of thailand data.

I disagree that the cost of imported goods is part of the thai cost of living, except of course oil.

The thai baht has been floating to some extent for a few years, however it is still to some extent linked to the US$ rather than floating freely against all international currencies.

agree with ICON, can't see how "the baht's buying power overseas" is conected.

Can't see how any argument about when 1,000 became unnacepatable is relevant or producive in this discussion.

The ultimate point is very sraight forward; working men cannot survive any more, at least in Bangkok, and I suspect the same is true of Pattaya (which is also an expensive place to live and survice for Thais) on 1,000Baht tips.

Rent for even a quite small room is now super expensive, pushing people to live further and further out of the city, travelling late at night is very expensive for Thais. A simple bowl of noodles is double price to what is was perhaps 5 years ago. Plenty of working men are supporting families and children, although education supposed to be free, the cash costs are enormous. Kids buying lunch at school is typically 25 - 35 Baht.

1,000Baht is gone is 5 minutes.
Quote |