Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - There I was. Drinking a beer in a gay bar...
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2014, 12:35 PM
chrisgowa
Cruiser

The rest of the story:

Roy went into a downward spiral as things got worse at home. We talked about a week after the chance meeting.He told me his wife had emptied the house while he was at work. She also emptied the bank accounts. Roy was obviously in a very dark place. I offered him a loan to get him through, but he politely declined. I heard he had been served his divorce papers at work (heartless bitch!) and that he went to pieces in front of everyone. I was out of town at the time and felt horrible for him. Our boss is a damn fine man and took Roy into his office for a chance to compose himself. He gave Roy the rest of the week off with pay (on the company dime) and gave him the names of his attorney and counselor.

I tried to call Roy but found all of his numbers had been disconnected. Now I am VERY worried, so the boss and I drive out to his house. There is a "Short Sell" sign in the front yard and no answer at the door. We each took a house on either side and went to talk to he neighbors. They both said that he had packed his clothes and was moving back to New Mexico to be with family.

When we got back to the officer there was special delivery letter for the boss. It was Roy's letter of resignation and it was effective immediately. I lhave not heard from Roy.

This was not the end of the story I had hoped for. I REALLY debated even posting this. I guess I just wanted to say that we need to just be kind to each other. There is no telling when or in what manner a person in serious need may come your way. I know that you cannot help them all no matter how much you try. I would like to think that everyone could/should try.

Yeah, pretty pollyanna-ish but my grandmother always told me when I was a little boy to treat others as I would like to be treated. Good reminder.
Quote |