Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Reminder For Hookup Caution: New CL-Related Death
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2015, 09:46 AM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Reminder For Hookup Caution: New CL-Related Death

I'm sharing this news story from Upstate New York of a 62 y/o man stabbed to death and lit on fire to remind you use sensible caution when hooking up with strangers, whether through Craigslist, hookup apps, other web sites or this one, for that matter. Consider meeting in a public place and taking some time to get to know each other and build trust before taking it to a private place. Use your best judgement based on the place, person, and context.

Here is an excerpt of the story and a link to the site which shows a copy of the original CL ad.

Quote:
WATERTOWN — City police are not releasing any possible motives in the stabbing death of a Morrison Street man whose body was also lit on fire in an apparent attempt to hide the crime.

Kyle A. Box, 18, a junior at Carthage Central School, faces second-degree murder charges in the death of Randy J. Bent, 62, of 821 Morrison St. Police began investigating the case as a murder when firefighters reported to them the victim had multiple stab wounds.

Box was arrested on Monday after admitting to police he stabbed Mr. Bent several times then set him on fire Sunday night, police said. An autopsy was conducted Monday afternoon, but the results have not been released.

Police continue to withhold information about how Box and Mr. Bent knew each other, saying that information is evidentiary.

Two of Mr. Bent’s friends, [redacted for privacy], said Mr. Bent — who was openly gay — often went on Craigslist to meet men. They said they warned him to stay away from the online personal classified ads because they feared for his safety.

On Tuesday afternoon, the Times found a listing in the casual encounters section of the website under the heading “18-year-old in need of help — m4m (carthage).”

The personal went on to say “Hello my name is Kyle and I’ve had trouble looking for a job so if anyone out their needs someone to give them a good time and call or text me i’ll gladly give you something you wont forget. :)”
See: the entire story from the Watertown Daily Times.

You are welcome to discuss your own experiences, safety suggestions, etc.
Quote |