Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Blast from the Past with a Twist
View Single Post
Old 20th March 2015, 01:27 PM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
Yup. I cannot agree more. My buddies and I even joked about the m2m sex we have just had, but talking about it even amongst ourselves? Nope. That would go too far...

With the doubtless benefit of the hindsight, the universal discretion surrounding those best(est) male friendship really amounted to the best kept secret being held in the public eye.

My buddies would come over to study together with me. We would go to each other's places for sleepovers.

That is what made it so relaxed back then - no one thought a thing about me hanging with a buddy or sleeping over at his place - never had to hide our friendship and it made it so easy to spend time together.

And especially in the younger years it was never talked about in a serious manner. It would come up via the comment about a new girl in school, or a new Penthouse magazine or maybe even just a "Damn I'm horny" - "same here" and that was our way of letting each other know we wanted to mess around. Of course at that age we pretty much always wanted to mess around!

Quote:
Now, raising the issue in public really amounted to challenging the existing order of things and as such was very much unwelcome.
There was never any thought of it being public - it would have never occurred to us to show feelings or attractions where anyone else could see. As far as I am aware no one ever caught on - but I do wonder sometimes....

Quote:
Having gone through this experience a few otherwise str8 men remained open minded to the idea of situational homosexuality, and spent no time bashing or criticizing openly gay guys.

I think in some ways guys were MORE open to it back then - because we never thought of it as being gay - we thought of it as being horny and "any port in a storm". We thought of it as sex - not gay sex - and I think if either of us tried to say "gay" it might have ended.
Quote |