Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Less Than 50% of Teens Identify as Straight, Says New Study
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2016, 12:48 PM
jonn3
Cruiser

Less Than 50% of Teens Identify as Straight, Says New Study

Less Than 50% of Teens Identify as Straight, Says New Study | Out Magazine

Quote:
A new study by trend forecasting agency J. Walter Thompson Innovation Group found that only 48 percent of 13-20-year-olds identify as "exclusively heterosexual," compared to 65 percent of millennials aged 21 to 34.

This really shows how the "fear" of being gay or bi has lessened with the new generation. I have always felt that sexuality is a sliding scale with very few people 100% one way or the other - but now that seems to be taken as a given.

We were told that about 3% of the population is gay. Just from my "straight" friends growing up it was always clear to me that more than 3% were willing to fool around. It seems that the new generation is not scared of some experimentation or just a summer fling.

Also interesting the number willing to admit that in the age group of 13 - 20 year olds. They did some "anonymous surveys" in junior high, high school and in college psych classes - but most of the stuff I would have been scared to admit back then even in an anonymous survey!
Quote |