Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Less Than 50% of Teens Identify as Straight, Says New Study
View Single Post
Old 16th March 2016, 12:00 PM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
There seems to be a growing acceptance of situational homosexuality, too. A few guys do not make it much of a secret that they did have sex with other men when the circumstances offered no other practical alternative. Such guys still perceive themselves as mostly str8 but are open-minded and will cut the chase short if in mood to do so, or if believing that this is the best they can do under the given circumstances

It is funny how "situational homosexuality" has always existed - often the subject of jokes - but based in reality. For men at sea it has always been a topic. There is even a book called "Sodomy and the Pirate Tradition" that Johnny Depp says he read when preparing for "Pirates of the Caribbean".

You speak to people who went to traditional all boys boarding schools and many of them will admit it happened (often saying "many of the other boys did it") - but none of them thought of it as a lifestyle choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
At least a couple of my college buddies who were pretty much involved with our frequent gay underground activities at college openly admitted that they were going to get married and have children, and all, simply because they did not want to live their lives in fear, or be seen as freaks of some kind.
I knew MANY guys like that - who said they would "outgrow" it or when they had opportunities with girls they would stop. And many of them did.

Had one buddy that all summer we blew each other almost every day - when school started he got a girlfriend who put out and although we remained friends it was never spoken of again.

But I wonder how many of them still think about it. One friend who is married with children has told me that if he was growing up today rather than when we were kids he would probably be gay - but at that time and with his family he did not feel that was an option.
Quote |