Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Best Places? Worst Places?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2016, 07:30 AM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
Being caught was not an option AT ALL back then.
Of course, so many guys were caught, too.

I've got a very busy day ahead but I glanced at Wikipedia and saw the History of gay men in the United States. I'm pointing it at the 1950s but a lot comes after.

I'm thinking of UpStairs Lounge arson attack in New Orleans: "The reaction by the city and media following the attack was indifferent. Those seeking burial services for the dead were turned away by many churches, and several families refused to come forward to claim victims' bodies out of shame. While most news outlets ignored the story, mentions of the incident in editorials and talk radio made light of the tragedy, mocking the victims because of their sexual orientation."

I also thought of the well-publicized cases of U.S. Congressman Bob Baumann (my former boss in the 80s grew up in his district), U.S. Senator Larry Craig, Pastor Ted Haggard, various celebrities. And it continues with so many ordinary men even now. I see it every week in the Sex Listings Heads Up page.

Gotta run, two medical appointments today and so much work...

~ Bob
Quote |