Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Future of CFS: "Ad-Minimized Supporting" Members? Sell Site? More Options To Cum Soon
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:27 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Future of CFS: "Ad-Minimized Supporting" Members? Sell Site? More Options To Cum Soon

Edited August 19, 2016: I've just changed the title of this to indicate multiple options for discussion starting at Post #3 below. I have at least one or two more to add when I can.

I've been posting on the CFS Home Page several times this year that the sites have been losing money. This isn't sustainable if CFS is going to stay online.

Here's what I put on the Home Page about it last weekend including a link to the page with more details.

Please let me know what you think about it by posting here, writing to the email address on my Profile Page, or using the CFS Contact Form.

Quote:
CFS Needs Your Help: CFS and its other related sites are in a precarious financial position.

We rely solely on you to patronize our advertisers as our only source of income. I know this business model does not work on today's Internet. You know it, too And honestly, many of you use AdBlock and don't want to see or patronize the advertisers. I get it.

Still, running a web site like this can't be done for free.

I'm working on a way that CFS Members can donate to or "Support" CFS in return for viewing an "ad-minimized" version of the site with additional features.

Read more about the plan...
Whatever thoughts you have, positive, negative, alternative suggestions, etc., I want to hear them.

That doesn't mean every idea can be implemented. It does mean I care about what you think and I can't do this without you.

Keep in mind that CFS cannot remain online with the old business plan. Keith saw it coming, I did too, and you see it with many web sites large and small.

I honestly don't know if this plan will be enough.

But if it works, you don't have to pay and anonymous users can still discreetly use CFS. It wouldn't take anything away from you if you don't pay, but you'll get a better experience if you do become a "Donor" or "Supporter" of CFS.

Bob S.
Manager/Editor

Last edited by infopop; 19th August 2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Changing to reflect new discussion title
Quote |