Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - From Narratively: Why Having Gay Sex in a Park is Still Thriving in 2016
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:11 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
I am familiar with Montjuic, and a few similar cruising grounds in Spain.

What keeps them alive and kicking is the sheer number of their gay patrons. You go to MJ or any other big and popular cruising ground knowing that you have good chances to hook up and have sex. You also know that you won't be alone, stuck on a trail with one or two guys who you may care as little about as they do about you. You know that you may see familiar faces; people whom you know well, or even guys who always nod with their heads when they see you because they know you 'from seeing'.
I remember that sense of familiarity and -- if not certainty, likelihood -- at San Diego's San Clemente Canyon when I lived in SD County from the mid-90s to early 2000s. I'd see some of the same guys at the part of Balboa Park I could walk to from one apartment where I lived.

Those were the days. I honestly can't deal with the Apps and the loss of personality in most interactions. Even the web sites, prior to Apps, were rarely a good venue for me. Nothing's quite like face to face or at least seeing something tangible and interested.

Sometimes, except when I edit and read the better Reviews on the Sex Listings, I feel like Rip Van Winkle. Because of personal relationships and issues that are finally being resolved, I was sort of asleep (or at least just watching from the sidelines) for years. Now I'm "awake" or at least becoming free, and the world has changed while I was taking a break.

I could go on at length but I'm late on work and must get on with it.

~ Bob
Quote |