Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Provincetown's "Dick Dock" (With Video)
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2017, 11:41 AM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

I remember those days well. Growing up Roman Catholic as the product of a devout Catholic father and free-thinking Protestant mother - plus being a naive, sheltered, over-intelligent (i.e., a nerd before that was cool), introverted military brat - I needed to work through a lot of moral issues and authority issues before I was ready to act on the gay feelings I'd had since at least age 12 or 13, if not earlier.

So, coming out for me was a long process that didn't take me to meet other gay men in person until I was in college. I didn't have sex until I was a college senior, 1984, just as HIV/AIDS was starting to explode in our consciousness. You'd better believe I had to get a grip on it immediately.

Coming through that long period of moral introspection and arriving at my own judgments, obviously I kept on gathering information, applying logic, and reserving for myself the right to decide what to do - whether in bed, in a club, in a park, a toilet, a parked car, or wherever.

Freedom was so hard won it was worth keeping, and still is.

A lot of that is why I'd said his spiritual approach resonates with me, but I know that it won't for most guys. To each his own.

~ Bob S.
Quote |