Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Smart Phone Gay Sex Apps
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2019, 02:04 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Part of what happens is that unless a PC **asks** for your location it will probably do a lookup to cross-reference in IP Address in a database table with IP Addresses and latitude/longitude pairs (which specify the location). These are often inexact, sometimes a few miles off, sometimes many miles off.

For me in the Houston area they might place me within one to five miles, but several times they placed me in Kansas or even New Jersey! I think those were cases where probably my IP Address wasn't in their table, so it pulled up a default address. The Kansas one was close to the middle of the Lower 48, so there was a sort of twisted logic.

This is also why in the CFS Sex Listings the page asks for permission to access your location. That lets your computer or mobile device tell us where you are so that the Quick Search can try to find places near you.
Quote |