Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - MENINGITIS VACCINE RECOMMENDED FOR MSMs
View Single Post
Old 24th June 2021, 03:15 PM
bla
Cruiser

Just FYI, meningitis has several different causes and there are different vaccines to get.

Men ACWY - Probably the one that was meant originally, in this thread. Still a good one for MSMs to get.

Men B - This is interesting. It's the same underlying organism as in gonorrhea. Studies find that Men B vaccine will, therefore, give a slight cross-protection to gono.

"Slight" protection means SLIGHT, as in, no more than a 30% reduction in your annual chance of getting gono. But my doc & I looked at that and said, Better than nothing. Ask yours.

Other good vaccs for MSMs to get:
- Hepatitis A
- Hep B
- HPV

As to covid: Latest CDC data is that the vaccines cause a few more heart problems in young men than they were expecting. See here, especially slides 27 and 28:

THEY (CDC) still recommend widespread vaccination anyway. I personally would not. If you're in a high-risk or high-fear group, sure, get it. But my own calculation is different.

- Little-known fact: As of right now (6/24/2021), these vaccs are still "experimental medicine", still lacking Stage 4 studies, still even lacking FDA approval (they have Emergency Use Auth, which is not the same).
- I'm not in a risk group
- I don't live with, or caretake, anyone in a risk group
- I'd rather be sick for a week or two with the equivalent of a bad flu or cold, than have heart problems from a vaccine that Trump & Biden, between them, rushed out prematurely.

So I'm waiting for the Stage 4 studies to be completed. Again: That's just me. Consider your own situation & make your own choice.

Last edited by bla; 24th June 2021 at 03:26 PM.
Quote |